Each Day at Dawn

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Firefighters at our house!



Well Bella made Maiza's day Tuesday!


I was busy cleaning the house getting ready for company when Bella decides, again, to get into things she shouldn't. She found a thermometer in a drawer and somehow drops it on our tile bathroom floor. She calls me in the bathroom to look at all the "silver buttons," also know as mercury. So Noy had me call 911 and the fire department tells me to leave it and they will come pick it up. Could they really send out a fire engine for a little mercury? Sure enough! Within minutes, the big red fire engine arrived with four firefighters (not bad looking, I might add) and I escourted them upstairs to see the mercury. They cleaned it up in about 5 minutes with a wet paper towel and threw it in our garbage can outside.


I'm pretty sure there was nothing technical about the cleanup process that I couldn't have pulled off myself but having the fire fighters here made it much more interesting! Maiza was thrilled!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home